- Casper the Friendly Ghost (Casper McFadden) (First appearance)
- The Ghostly Trio (First appearance)
- Stretch McFadden (First appearance)
- Stinkie McFadden (First appearance)
- Fatso McFadden (First appearance)
- Kathleen "Kat" Harvey (First appearance)
- Dr. James Harvey (First appearance)
- Carrigan Crittenden (Only Appearance; dies)
- Paul "Dibs" Pluzker (Single appearance) (Apparent Death)
- Amber Whitmore (First appearance)
- Vic DePhillipi (First appearance)
- Rugg (Cameo)
- Father Guido Sanducci (Cameo)
- Raymond Stantz (Cameo)
- Mr. Curtis (Single appearance)
- Andreas (Cameo)
- Nicky (Cameo)
- J.T. McFadden (In a newspaper photo shot only)
- Amelia Harvey (Single appearance)
- Casper's Mother (Mentioned Only) (Unnamed)
- Friendship, Maine (First appearance)
- Whippstaff Manor (First appearance)
- Lab (First appearance)
- School (First appearance)
- Classroom (First appearance)
- Whippstaff Manor (First appearance)
- Lazarus (Single appearance)
Following the death of her father, gold digger Carrigan Crittenden discovers he has only left her Whipstaff Manor in Friendship, Maine. Carrigan and her attorney Dibs discover a vast treasure allegedly is in the manor, but they find it is haunted by a friendly ghost named Casper and his obnoxious prankster uncles, the Ghostly Trio, who scare the two off the property. A lonely Casper watches a news report of paranormal therapist James Harvey, instantly smitten with his teenage daughter Kat, and inspires Carrigan to summon Dr. Harvey to Whipstaff. Harvey and Kat have an estranged relationship due to the former’s reputation, and searching for the ghost of his late wife Amelia. Moving into Whipstaff, Kat and her father quickly encounter Casper, who tries to befriend them, while his uncles try to scare them out of the house.
After befriending Casper over breakfast, Kat goes to school and becomes popular when her class agree to host their Halloween party at Whipstaff upon learning she lives there. Amber, Kat’s classmate, envious of Kat stealing her spotlight, plots with her boyfriend Vic to humiliate Kat during the party. Harvey attempts to have therapy sessions with the Ghostly Trio, who reveal they know Amelia, but when they pull a prank on him, Harvey becomes dispassionate, encouraging the trio to take him out for a night on the town. At a bar, Harvey gets drunk and falls down a manhole. Meanwhile, Kat learns Casper has no memory of his life, and unlocks his old bedroom to remind him. Casper comes across a sled, recalling his father bought it for him, only for Casper to have died of an illness and became a ghost to keep his father company. A newspaper article reveals that Casper’s father built a machine called Lazarus, which could bring the dead back to life.
Casper and Kat venture down into the manor’s basement, discovering Lazarus. Carrigan and Dibs sneak in, stealing the formula that powers Lazarus and plot to use the machine to essentially become immortals and commit crimes. However, the two attempt to kill each other as an experiment, Carrigan falling off a cliff to her death and rising as a ghost. She confronts Casper and Kat, launching Dibs out of a window when he tries to double-cross her. Casper tricks her into stating that she has no unfinished business in the afterlife, causing Carrigan to be involuntarily ejected into the afterlife. The alleged treasure is revealed to be Casper’s prized baseball signed by Duke Snider. Harvey and the trio appear, Casper sacrificing his last chance for life to restore Harvey.
The Halloween party kicks off upstairs, Amber and Vic’s prank thwarted by the trio. Casper is visited by Amelia’s ghost, who briefly transforms him into a human as a reward for his sacrifice until ten o’clock. Casper dances with Kat, while Amelia speaks with Harvey, revealing that she was so content alive that she had no unfinished business, encouraging him to move on. Amelia departs as the clock chimes ten, Casper transforming back into a ghost and playfully scares off the party guests, leaving him, and the Harveys to dance while the trio play music.
- Christina Ricci as Kathleen "Kat" Harvey, a teenage girl who lost her mother and wants to make a friend. She is also Casper's love interest.
- Bill Pullman as Dr. James Harvey, Kat's father who is a ghost therapist interacting with the living impaired to cross into the next dimension while hoping to find his deceased wife.
- Cathy Moriarty as Carrigan Crittenden, a spoiled, greedy woman who was angry about her late father's will to Whipstaff, until she discovers that the house contains treasure, and hires Dr. Harvey to get the ghosts out of the house in order to get it.
- Eric Idle as Paul "Dibs" Plutzker, Carrigan's assistant.
- Ben Stein as Rugg, Carrigan's lawyer.
- Spencer Vrooman as Andreas
- Chauncey Leopardi as Nicky
- Wesley Thompson as Mr. Curtis
- Amy Brenneman as Amelia Harvey, James' deceased wife, as well as Kat's deceased mother whom appears as an angel and came before Casper and gave him his dream of coming back to life only for one night after he saved James' life.
- Devon Sawa as Casper McFadden (human form)
- Garette Ratliff Henson as Vic DePhillippi, Kat's crush who he along with his girlfriend Amber plans to sabotage Kat's party until they were scared off by the Ghostly Trio.
- Jessica Wesson as Amber Whitmire, Kat's rival and Vic's girlfriend whom she along with Vic plans to sabotage Kat's party until the Ghostly Trio scare them away.
- Don Novello as Father Guido Sarducci
- Malachi Pearson as Casper McFadden, originally a 12-year-old boy who died from a pneumonia attack after a sled accident. He spends most of his afterlife in Whipstaff dealing with his ghouling uncles' antics while hoping to find a friend. He becomes infatuated with Kathleen "Kat" Harvey.
- Joe Nipote as Stretch, the leading member of the Ghostly Trio and one of Casper's obnoxious uncles who bonds with Dr. Harvey.
- Joe Alaskey as Stinkie, the second member of the Ghostly Trio as well as one of Casper's obnoxious uncles who also bonds with Dr. Harvey.
- Brad Garrett as Fatso, the third member of the Ghostly Trio and one of Casper's obnoxious uncles who bonds with Dr. Harvey.
- John Kassir as the Crypt Keeper
Zelda Rubinstein stated that she reprised her role from the Poltergeist film series but the scene was cut. Ben Stein makes cameos in several other Casper films and even guest-starred in an episode of this film's animated spin-off, The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Characters from Casper (film)
- Other things related to Casper (film)
- Film Gallery: Casper (film)
- Images from the film
Links and References
- ↑ Cheng, Cheryl (2015-07-30). "N. Brock Winkless IV, the Puppeteer of Chucky in 'Child's Play,' Dies at 56". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brock-winkless-chucky-puppeteer-dead-812328. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- Casper at the Internet Movie Database
- Casper at AllRovi
- Casper at Box Office Mojo
- Casper at Rotten Tomatoes